Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Miss my wraps!

So making this lifestyle change (for the best) of giving up wheat in its entirety is not that terrible. There is variety, you just gotta look for it. For example I got my boyfriend on this lifestyle change as well, fortunately he never ate too many wheat products to begin with so the change has not been so "life altering". One thing he did love and misses is wraps, his favorite. Well I found a NON WHEAT wrap recipe, very easy to make and delicious. Cant hurt to try something new!! The wrap was so good, has a nutty taste to it and the coconut oil makes it even yummier. Don't be stressed about the calories, Ive told you before fat has more calories than carbs BUT it keeps you feeling fuller and more satisfied throughout the day. If you are a cooking type of person there are all sorts of gluten-free recipes available, like pizzas and sweets. However if your goal is to lose weight you may want to stay away from those for a little while or atleast make it seldomly. I have to admit I had a sweet craving the other day and I had to find a quick fix (terrible I know), but I found gluten free cookies at the grocery store had a few and felt satisfied. NOW, I read the ingredients and this is what you will notice about most "gluten free" store bought goodies. They'll either contain potato starch, corn starch, ground almonds or flaxseed, rice flour, oat flour etc The flaxseed and almond flour aren't so bad but potato starch still spikes your sugars alot. There are many "non-gluten" replacements for wheat flour, however these recipes will also contain lots of sugar. So you take out one bad thing to replace it with another. Not the best thing to do if your goal is weight loss. So in my case  I made a boo boo and gave into a sweet craving (still working on that). If you absolutely must have a sweet, ok have a small indulgence if you have self control, if not just avoid them at all costs. So in my discovery of the flaxseed wrap, I will share it with you, I loved it and so did my boyfriend. So I hope you will enjoy...and please let me know what you think;)  
 
.
Chicken, egg, pesto wrap (flaxseed wrap):
1 Flaxseed wrap
1 tablespoon basil pesto
1 hard boiled egg sliced
2 thing slices of tomato
a few shreds of boiled chicken

Flaxseed wrap: (makes one serving):
3 tablespoons of ground flaxseed
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon of onion powder
1/4 teaspoon paprika
pinch of fine sea salt or celery salt
1 tablespoon coconut oil, melted, plus more for greasing the pan (need pie pans)
1 tablespoon water
1 large egg.

Mix together ground flaxseeds, baking powder, onion powder, paprika and salt in a small bowl. Stir in melted coconut oil, beat in egg and water.

Grease a MICROWAVE safe glass or plastic pie pan with coconut oil, pour in batter spread evenly. Microwave on high for 2-3 minutes until cooked. Let cool 5 mins.



1 comment:

  1. 3 Studies REVEAL How Coconut Oil Kills Fat.

    The meaning of this is that you literally burn fat by eating coconut fat (including coconut milk, coconut cream and coconut oil).

    These 3 studies from major medical journals are sure to turn the traditional nutrition world around!

    ReplyDelete